Why does my dashboard widget always end at 120%? (see photo attached)

I am trying to develop a dashboard column widget which shows the progress of items by percentage. For some reason on the graph it is showing 0% - 120% instead of finishing at 100% - see image attached. How do I fix this?

Tags:

Answers

• I have tried scaling to values on the widget editor but it still caps at 120%. If i edit the size of the widget it moves down to 110% but never 100%.

• Hi @Daniel Marcel

Currently Smartsheet Bar Charts are formatted to always show a bit of margin past the final value listed. This means that since you have values at 100, the Y axis will carry on a little further to allow for more room. (Please submit your feedback to our Product Team through this form, here!)

As an alternative, you may want to use either a Pie Chart or a Donut Chart to display percentages instead (see: Using Chart Widgets). Keep in mind that with these types of charts you will need a secondary value to map against (one value showing the % complete, one showing the % remaining). Let me know if you'd like to go down this route and I'm happy to provide screen captures of what I mean.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi Genevieve,

Following upon your answer here, how I can actually stop for values higher than 100% showing up in the dashboard graph. I'm measuring completion rate and it will be never higher than 100%.

Thank you in advance.

Astrid

• Hi @Astrid Ramirez-Jacobs

The values that show up in your chart will depend on the values in the source data. If your source data goes over 100 (say, 110) then it will show as 110 in your chart. If your source data will never go past 100, then the values in your chart will never go over 100. Is this what you meant?

If I've misunderstood, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your source data and your current chart widgets, but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P. is this issue still unresolved? I have a stacked bar chart that sums to 100% exactly (I've checked in the data source) yet it's still showing an axis of 120%. This feature is unusable for percentages if there's no way to adjust this (and it's a pretty important feature for project management).

• Hi @MgmtCnslt2022

It's still currently expected behaviour that a stacked bar chart will always show a margin past the last data point in the x-axis, yes.

In this instance, I would represent this data in a half-moon Donut Chart instead, as that will stop at exactly 100%.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Do we have an update on this feature/update request? noticed it was first mentioned 4-years ago and Smartsheet still has the same limitation today with showing 120% on the x-axis when it's completely unnecessary :(

• Hi @Genevieve P.

wondering if there is update to this feature. im also trying to cap the x-axis at 100% but it is showing to 120%.

• Hi @Khanambano

Please add your Vote and use-case to this Product Idea post, here:

The more votes a post has, the more likely it is to be reviewed by the Product team where they will respond with a Status Update for that feature request.

Cheers,

Genevieve