Color coding in calendar

Hi there- I have certain rows highlighted a color in my grid view but the color is not transferring to that task on my calendar view. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Answers

• I do this on a Calendar for my work. As far as I know the only way to change the color in Calendar view is to change the Task Bar color which is not the same as the background color you set up in your grid view.

Poking around the forums I stumbled into a method that others use which uses two steps:

1. Create a Color column (which can be hid) and assign a value to that column.
    2. Create a Conditional Formatting rule which searches for this number (or value) and then assigns conditional formatting which allows you to change the task bar color as well.

The following is a screen shot of my calendar grid with the color row.

and this following shot is my conditional formatting rows which assigns a "Task Bar" color based upon the number assigned in the row.

as far as I've been able to figure out this is the only way to preset calendar event colors other than manually assigning a color in the calendar view.

• This is helpful- thank you!