Contacts in a Form

Options
Cheryl Collins
Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm working on a submission form but, I'm struggling with the contact columns. The use case is that a file review will be done on any one of over a 1,000 lawyers the compliance officer completing the file review needs to enter the lawyer and their supervisors name in the form so, that reminders can be sent to complete any corrective actions on the case.

I'm struggling with how the lawyer and supervisor's names can be entered as contacts to allow reminders to be sent. It's not practically possible to put the list of every lawyers name into the contact drop down within the field properties and it would be a huge manual overhead to maintain with joiners and leavers. We don't have the data uploader add in either (although I'm working on it 😊).

Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this problem? Would a concatenate formula work or, is there a better way?

TIA

Cheryl

Tags:

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Cheryl Collins

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

If the Compliance Office adds the Name, ID, or, if possible, the email address, we could make it work either with the email directly or with a lookup in the sheet and a helper column to send the reminders.

Make sense?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Cheryl Collins 

Hope you are fine, you can export your current smartsheet contact to an excel CSV format file, the on excel you can copy and paste all your contacts names and email then import that file to smartsheet and you will find all the contacts when you create Column Contact type

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Cheryl Collins

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

If the Compliance Office adds the Name, ID, or, if possible, the email address, we could make it work either with the email directly or with a lookup in the sheet and a helper column to send the reminders.

Make sense?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Bassam

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a go. I'm not sure how this will work with the reminders as they can be going every day so, it may be difficult to keep up with whilst we build the whole list up.

Thanks

Cheryl

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Andrée Starå

I'm good, hope you are too?

I was trying to avoid the compliance officer having to type the full email address in to the form. I will share the sheet with you so, you can see what I mean.

Happy to detail the process further once you reviewed, if it still doesn't make sense.

Cheryl

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Cheryl Collins

Glad to hear it, and yes, I am as well!

I'll take a look and get back to you!