Customer Facing Dashboard

Options

Hello

We are starting to use Smartsheet on customer facing software implementation and want to leverage the use of dashboards as a customer 'hub'. Does anyone have any examples of customer facing dashboards that you use specifically for software implementation that you would be willing to share (feel free to block out names and other specifics)? Would be interested to see how these are being used to make implementations easier and more streamlined.

Thanks,

Amy

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't do software implementations, but I do services implementations. For the client facing dashboard, I will create a metrics sheet that has a column each for projected and actual percent complete and then put that on a line chart to show our expectation vs reality for the project by week.

I also pull a report from my project plan that shows deliverables and milestones that are past due and upcoming.

I use a shortcut widget to link to the project plan.

A metrics widget to display the primary points of contact, client name, important dates such as Target Go Live, overall status (on track, behind schedule, etc.), services being implemented, and other various details.

I use a title widget taking up most of the top center of the dashboard to display the client name, and then I have image widgets on either side displaying my company's logo and my client's logo.

Unfortunately I don't currently have an example I can share, but I'll see if I can mock one up over the weekend for you so you can see it. I know it sounds like there is a lot of information going on, but really it is laid out so that it is not too busy. The line chart takes up the main portion of the center of the dashboard, the report takes up the full width just below that, and the other widgets are tucked around and above the chart so that you don't have to scroll too much to see everything.

I use a white background and use color schemes to match the widget title to the widget data so that it is easier to tell what is what without having hard line borders which makes it a little easier to look at as well.

• Amy Platt
    Amy Platt ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Paul

Thanks so much for the insight. Would love to see an example if you have one. I'm way for visual. I don't want to confuse Clients but I want them to have access to the things they need to know.

Thanks,

Amy

• rpeddy
    Options

Thanks Amy and Thank Paul,

We are working on building a white label client portal to show consulting projects/

Any examples? Help?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Amy Platt & @rpeddy

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Paul's excellent advice/answer.

I'd recommend looking at the premium feature, WorkApps (available from Enterprise and higher)

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.