Tracking form responses

Hello all,

We have a situation where we need to collect information from our customers to complete certain tasks for their projects. We would like to enter data in a column or two (i.e. sales order number, product sold), and then have the form send out to the customer to gather the information we need to configure it prior to shipping (i.e. network configuration information so it will work on their network when they plug it in). We would like this to function similarly to how an update request works, allowing people to add their data to an existing row in a sheet, however we need the logic capabilities available in forms to dynamically ask the right questions to gather the information we need.

Does anyone have any suggestions in how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jeff Sorensen

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and the form to the client would send from a so-called helper sheet and then you'd collect the values by matching the row with the correct row in the main sheet with a specific unique ID.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jeff Sorensen

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and the form to the client would send from a so-called helper sheet and then you'd collect the values by matching the row with the correct row in the main sheet with a specific unique ID.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.