Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Multiple selections from drop-down list, enhance database function

Options
12346»

Comments

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Hi everyone, 

I'm pleased to announce that the Multi Select Dropdown project is in development. 

Thank you for the passion, and thanks for the patience.

Kara

• Ezra
    Ezra ✭✭✭
    Options

I could really use this functionality in selecting which departments a project pertains to for control center to include the correct summary sheets and reports.

• Rhys
    Rhys ✭✭
    Options

This feature will make or break our team's use of Smartsheet.  We have to track project road-map items and want to keep locations impacted in a single line with multiple values (that's just one example).  Today its very difficult to keep consistency, a single typo throws off reports and filters without some way to track multiple values in a drop down selection.

Our team will be very pleased to see this roll out as it will address one of the biggest pain points we've had to date.  Thank you for listening, Kara!  Let me know if you need a "tester."

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Smartsheet Community,

Here at Smartsheet, we use Smartsheet for pretty much everything. We are acutely aware (mostly) of the pain points and missing functionality that you, our valued Community members, discuss here as well.

The inability to select multiple options from a dropdown column has been one of the most agonizing, irritating, functional gaps when using Smartsheet.

Over the past 7 months, our team of development engineers, plus ux experts, quality assurance engineers, and product, used Smartsheet to coordinate impeccable timing with almost every other internal team at Smartsheet, including mobile, automation, forms, and reporting, to deliver some long-awaited news.

I’m very very pleased to announce a brand new column, available to everyone, today.

In the column options, you'll find Dropdown (Multi Select). 

Thank you for your patience, user stories, and feedback.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2480081-dropdown-list-column-type

Thank you,

Kara

This discussion has been closed.