Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Multiple selections from drop-down list, enhance database function

Options

Comments

• ddonovan44616
    Options

I too, really need this feature. A graphic can have so many elements that need to be called out for cross referencing and it would work very well in a multi select dropdown list.

• alanf
    Options

This is exactly what we need, too.

• alanf
    Options

Kara, here's another specific Use Case for selecting multiple items from a drop -down (or even being able to select multiple check boxes): we have a list of items; some are associated with multiple stakeholders, and the ability select those stakeholders from the list would be really helpful.

• Phil C
    Options

Yes.  Multi-select should have been here as soon as dropdowns were made available given the very obvious and mappable examples from web form objects.

Can someone from SmartSheet acknowledge this outstanding request (3 years and counting) already?

• Saylor
    Saylor ✭✭✭
    Options

I just came back from ENGAGE last week and I tracked down several staffers while I was there who confirmed that this functionality is coming.  They danced around the specific time-frame of the release but I was led to believe that it will be by year-end.  I was very encouraged coming away from ENGAGE and seeing their commitment to getting the users what they need.

• Marta Comin
    Marta Comin ✭✭
    edited 11/12/18
    Options

Hi! 

Is there any news about this functionality? I really need it! :)

Thank you very much,

Marta

• David Karlsson
    Options

I hope this is going to be implemented soon. With this function you should be able to "tag" each row. Essential for e.g. using Smartsheet as a DMS. Keep up the good work!

// David

• LaurenPersonal Collins
    edited 11/26/18
    Options

Specific scenario for how I (desperately!) need to be able to select multiple options in dropdown lists: we use SmartSheet to track contact info of all the members and stakeholders of our 2 nonprofits. A number of them fall into multiple categories, like Joe S. is a board member AND a sponsor of this year's fair AND donated to last year's toy drive, etc. Currently, we keep track of this by creating a row for each member but a different column for each event and interaction we have with each member, ugh.

Since we're nearing the end of the year that was projected as being when this feature would be ready, I'm hoping it will be released very, very soon!

Thanks

• Jamie Null
    Jamie Null ✭✭✭
    Options

One more vote for this request.

We have several use cases for multi-select.  1st is tracking our marketing content.  We need to be able to multi-select from a web form all the departments that will benefit from the document, along with all our platforms, subthemes, and initiatives to categorize how the doc will be tagged.

2nd use case - We have our sponsors fill out a form to indicate what industries they are a part of.  We need them to be able to choose all the various industries that apply.

3rd use case - Our sponsor grid has all the events that can be sponsored, and we'd like a multi-select for all the options they paid to sponsor (multi-select all available options).  So our sales team can choose all available options and we can run reports on this with data accuracy.

• Nicole
    Options

+1 for my vote as well for this feature - i'm hoping it will be added soon.

• Damor
    Damor ✭✭
    Options

+1 - would love to have this feature.

• Kate Hasse
    Kate Hasse ✭✭✭
    Options

An example of how I'd use multi select drop downs:

We have a sheet for all the monthly reports that my team sends out to a variety of audiences. Some reports go to Managers, some reports go to Providers, some reports go to Managers AND Providers, etc., etc....

If I included in the drop down ALL the possible selections of audience combinations, it would be a very long list. I would like my team to easily to able to select more than one recipient of their monthly reports. 

• JeremyF
    Options

We also require this functionality. Our use case is we use Smartsheet to track our IT Roadmap. Each row represents a high level gantt of project start and stop times. Each project has a number of 'Impacted Departments'. If I can select multiple departments, I can create a report showing IT project roadmap that affects them. The only work around now is to create a whole bunch of columns (about 20) that represent each department and put a check box in each. This is a UI nightmare. 

• This request flows right along with David Allen's "Getting Things Done" - just a simple tagging feature like Evernote's would be a step in the right direction.  Please tell me this is coming with next week's big update.  

• jennifer.jessop44491
    Options

Are there any updates when this function will be available? I really need this functionality for my Project Management.

This discussion has been closed.