Leave of Absence Template?

04/23/21
Answered - Pending Review

Hello! I'm super new to SmartSheet and I've looked for a template (can't find one) for Leave of Absence.

Is there anyone out there using SmartSheet to help them track the minutiae of employees out on leaves of absence (FMLA, non-FMLA, etc), tracking if medical notes have been received, returning employees in the HRIS, other personnel-related actions, etc?

Tags:

Answers

• Mark CronkMark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Celeste Nudelman ,

I don't have a template for you but your use case sounds very doable without a template. Start by determining what you need to get out of the tool. Will you be using it to automate approvals or reporting? Then diagram the inputs and flow required to get the desired outputs.

I'd envision 1 master sheet with your data, several reports to extract, filter, and group data for specific requirements, perhaps a dashboard to display KPIs. Then, automation to request updates or prompt for data when something is coming sue or past due. Perhaps a form to initiate the LOA unless you are linking it to your personnel system.

I suspect you can create this by watching a couple training videos and getting help in the community.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.