Cross Reference Countif Formula is giving Unparsable Error.

Options

I am hoping someone can help with Countifs formula referencing another sheet.

The current formula that I have works great on the master sheet. =COUNTIFS([Resolved Date]:[Resolved Date], >=DATE(2021, 3, 1), [Resolved Date]:[Resolved Date], <=DATE(2021, 3, 31))

However, when I modify on another sheet to read as what is listed below I am getting an Unparsable error. Can anyone see any issues?

=COUNTIFS({2021 Resolved Dates},[Resolved Date]:[Resolved Date], >=DATE(2021, 3, 1),{2021 Resolved Dates},[Resolved Date]:[Resolved Date], <=DATE(2021, 3, 31))

Best Answer

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @JP Pedicino

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula:

=COUNTIFS({2021 Resolved Dates}, >=DATE(2021, 3, 1), {2021 Resolved Dates}, <=DATE(2021, 3, 31))

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• JP Pedicino
    JP Pedicino ✭✭✭
    Options

Bassman,

Unfortunately, that was not the solution. To further clarify I created my formula on a sheet called "Tickets Resolved Month Over Month. I need the formula below to reference another sheet named "2021 Resolved Dates". The formula should count the number of times the "Resolved Date" is within March of 2021.

=COUNTIFS([Resolved Date]:[Resolved Date], >=DATE(2021, 3, 1), [Resolved Date]:[Resolved Date], <=DATE(2021, 3, 31))

Something appears to be wrong with my syntax referencing the other sheet because the formula works perfect on the the original sheet "2021 Resolved Dates" where I created it.

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JP Pedicino

Try this:

=COUNTIFS({2021 Resolved Dates}, @cell >=DATE(2021, 3, 1), {2021 Resolved Dates}, @cell <=DATE(2021, 3, 31))

Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Best,

Heather

• JP Pedicino
    JP Pedicino ✭✭✭
    Options

You got it Heather, thank you!

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!