Form Notifications Stopped Working

Hello,

All of a sudden my form submission notifications stopped working. Does this have anything to do with the new site relaunch? This is happening across several notifications that I created.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Amy

Answers

• Hi @Amy Evans

There could be a few different reasons for this.

The first thing I'd check is to see if you're still receiving the notification from within the Smartsheet's Notification Center (the bell icon). If you are, this indicates that the issue is likely related to your email's spam or junk mail settings. See this article for how to resolve this: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet.

If you're not receiving notifications from within Smartsheet either, then I'd check the sheet and workflow itself to ensure there were no changes to the set-up or destination email in the automation. You may want to try cloning the workflow, then deleting the original version (see: Edit, Clone, or Completely Delete a Workflow).

Should neither of this have helped, it would be useful to see a screen capture of your sheet set up and the workflow set up (but please block out any sensitive data!)

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Gee114
    Gee114 ✭✭

I am having a similar issue. I have several workflows for sending notifications and requesting approval that worked fine yesterday, Aug 31, and today, Sep 1, none of the workflows work. NONE. I have checked my settings. I have checked the triggers, the conditions, the email addresses and I can not find the issue. I also noticed that some rows fields are automatically populating and locking, and I didn't create this workflow. I submitted a request for help to their support team as well. @Amy Evans I tried the troubleshooting actions you recommended and those didn't work. Did anyone find a solution?

• Hi @Gee114

Did you receive the alert in the Notification Center (the bell icon)?

Is this specific to one sheet, or are you no longer receiving any workflow emails at all?

If this is specific to one sheet, then if you have access to it I would recommend checking the Activity Log for the sheet to see if any of your collaborators have added new workflows that could be interfering with the workflows you have set up.

Can you post a screen capture of the sheet and a screen capture of the workflow(s) that stopped working (but please block out sensitive data).

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now