daily notification limit

Please help me understand how the daily notification limit works? How this number will be counted? What is the cut off time for a day?

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Supun Fernando ,

Below is the link to limits and an explanation. It doesn't say when the day starts. I'd assume it changes with system day, used in Created and Modifies system columns.

www.smartsheet.com/legal/limits-policy

@Genevieve P can correct me. She knows everything.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Supun Fernando (and thank you for the tag, @Mark Cronk!)

The limit is on a 24-hour clock. Once you hit the email limit, as long as no email is attempted within the next 24 hours, you should be able to send emails again after the block has been lifted.

If you have additional questions about this or are experiencing any issues, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support for more information. They will be able to discuss this and your specific account with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Mark Cronk and @Genevieve P. Thank you for your replies. But im trying to understand more on how the number of notification will be counted. i.e. if single notification automated to send for multiple mail recipients, would it be counted as one notification or multiple notifications?

Anyway i will reach out to smartsheet support as well.

Regards,

Supun

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Supun Fernando

Based on the description from the Limits page ("Notification limits apply to email notifications generated as a result of triggers") it is my understanding that the limit applies to the number of emails being sent as a result of actions (such as a workflow being triggered), versus the number of workflows.

This would mean that one workflow sending 5 individual emails would count as 5 Notifications.

Thanks!

Genevieve