Create and Share Filters as an Admin?

Hello,

I have several filters setup as "Share" but no one from my team can see them.

I am an Admin on the sheet, do I need to be the Owner?

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rebecca Huff

Hope you are fine, To share a filter so that it can be used by anyone who has access to the sheet, you'll need to be the sheet Owner or shared to the sheet as an Admin. (Note that Sharing is available with Business plans and higher.

also, the user must be a licenced user to see the shared filter.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rebecca Huff

Hope you are fine, To share a filter so that it can be used by anyone who has access to the sheet, you'll need to be the sheet Owner or shared to the sheet as an Admin. (Note that Sharing is available with Business plans and higher.

also, the user must be a licenced user to see the shared filter.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thank you! We figured out the user was not signing in with our company SSO. Once she did the issue was resolved :)

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rebecca Huff

You are welcome and i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

• Nicole Tellez
    Nicole Tellez ✭✭✭✭

@Bassam Khalil you stated that a user needs to be licensed to use a shared filter. Where did you find this info? I just read that a user must be licensed to create a shared filter, but that a collaborator can use a shared filter that someone else created. I don't see anywhere that states they need a license to view shared filters. I am currently trouble shooting an issue with one of my users, so if you can link me to your documentation, that would be helpful!!

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504659-using-filters-to-show-or-hide-sheet-data

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/26/21

Hi @Nicole Tellez

Hope you are fine, Unlicensed user can use the shared filter but can't edit it. and can create new filter but can't share it even if his sharing permission was Admin on the sheet. am sorry if i make any confusion with my first answer. 

i hope this will answer your question and clear any confusion.

PMP Certified