Permissions

Can a non-license user be given Admin permission on a Report?

We've shared non-users to a sheet but there are occasional hiccups where they will sort the database not realizing that it disrupts the work flow of form entries that are at the top of the sheet among other things. The person that processes the sheet gets flustered and I'm always the one who has to restore the sheet back to the right order. I figured, creating a report for each of the non-licensed users would be a better solution where they can have the ability to build filters/conditions for their purposes which will not disrupt the underline sheet. However, I learned that the non-licensed users still do not have the ability to build filters so I was wondering if I changed their "Edit can share" permission to Admin even though they don't have a license. Also, if that is possible, can I go back to the sheet and change their permission to view with Admin on the sheet? I'm so scared that they may delete something or decide to go back to working in the sheet instead of the Report. I even thought about giving them a published report but I was not sure if they would be able to build filters in published view either.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Answers

• Michael W.
    Michael W. ✭✭✭✭

Hello!

Here are some of the answers that you're looking for---

"Can a non-license user be given Admin permission on a Report?"

No. To receive admin permissions on an object (e.g. Report, Workspace, etc.) the user must have a license in the account. More info on user roles exists here.

However, I learned that the non-licensed users still do not have the ability to build filters.

Seen in the above link, license holders (and therefore Admins, Owners) can create, and modify shared filters that can be viewed by all other users in the object. Anyone else (including free, non-licensed users) can make their own filters-- they just won't be able to:

• share those filters
    • modify other shared filters (that were created by licensed holders, stated above).