Daily/Weekly Tasks

I want to do something that seems simple, but I've been down a rabbit hole of research for 1/2 the day trying to determine best practices on this.

All I want to do is set up a daily checklist that a user can refer to and check off 15-20 tasks that are due daily. I want this information recorded (i.e. which tasks were completed daily) for reporting.

Right now I have a sheet with rows of tasks, assigned to, link, notes and a checkbox when completed. I'm willing to change that up for a good way to send out the checklist daily.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Andrea, I just replied to your other post with a few ideas. Happy to help you explore any you think may work.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Hi there - This discussion is a bit old, but I am wanting to create something similar to what Andrea is asking about... Would either of you mind providing a response to how you have tackled this issue? Thank you!!

• Hi @Katrina George

Would you be able to explain what you're looking to do in more detail? There are a few different ways you could set this up, depending on your scenario.

For example, you could have one Row per person that has tasks to check off, with an Assigned To column to identify who should be checking off the tasks, then one Checkbox Column per task.

Then you could set up an Update Request to send out every day at a specific time to the person in the Assigned To cell. (See: Automatically Request Updates on Tasks and Create a Time-Based Automated Workflow).

At the end of the day (after the user had plenty of time to submit their update), set up a Copy Row workflow to copy this row over to an Archive sheet to keep the data for historical reference, with a Created Date column so you can see what date the checks were completed. (See: Automatically Move or Copy Rows Between Sheets)

Then set up a Change Cell workflow after this, perhaps in the middle of the night, to change the boxes back to un-checked so it's ready for the next day. (See: Change the Value of a Cell in an Automated Workflow)

This is just one idea though!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now