Unique Variable for JOIN function

Options

Hi All,

I am attempting to use CONTAINS in tandem with JOIN(COLLECT()) to populate courses employees must take based on the care-area in which they work. In the below example, the contents of 14A are also being pulled into 4A since they both contain "4A". Is there a way to search for 4A as an absolute? (Unfortunately, I am unable to change the names of the Care-Areas as they are populated externally; so, something like *4A is out of the question.)

My code is:

=JOIN(COLLECT([eLearning Assignment]:[eLearning Assignment], [Care-Area]:[Care-Area], CONTAINS([Assignment Index]@row, @cell)))

My original Question is here: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/79694/using-index-function-with-multi-select-columns#latest

Tags:

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/26/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Try:

=JOIN(COLLECT([eLearning Assignment]:[eLearning Assignment], [Care-Area]:[Care-Area], HAS(@cell, [Assignment Index]@row)))

HAS looks for an exact match in a multiselect column.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/26/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Try:

=JOIN(COLLECT([eLearning Assignment]:[eLearning Assignment], [Care-Area]:[Care-Area], HAS(@cell, [Assignment Index]@row)))

HAS looks for an exact match in a multiselect column.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Torsten Rich-Wimmer
    Options

Yes! That is perfect. Thank you, Mark! Community really needs the ability to send coffee to people as thanks!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

:) great idea. Happy to help for a simple Vote Up or Insightful tag. Glad you found a solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!