Non-Smartsheet Users Email Notifications

Jennifer Dowling
edited 06/16/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi :)

I am a Chief of Staff and I usually build "request" forms for a staff of more than 2k users. Not all of them have an account on Smartsheets. When they submit their "request" form, i want to be able to send them an auto-reply back... Your request has been approved, rejected, etc. The workflow asks me to pick a field to send the response to, which is a "contact" field. What is the best method for replying to the submitter and letting them know a status has changed?? Do I create a form with an email address? Do I have to add all 2k users to Smartsheets? Help appreciated :)

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/27/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Jennifer Dowling

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to James's excellent advice/answer.

There are a couple of options.

• Ask the staff to add their email to the form, and then you can use it for the Workflows to send them an auto-reply and updates.
    • You could also import the contacts to a sheet and combine it with the URL-query feature to create unique form links with the staff's email already added.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers