Dynamic shuttle - Drop down to show alphabetically

sravya.gupta127326
sravya.gupta127326 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi,

I have a Program drop down in my projects sheet which currently is manually populated using a report from the programs list. With data shuttle, I have managed to get an extract of program names into the attachment and then data upload to the drop down. However, this is not alphabetical anymore and takes the literal order from the program list - which makes sense from the way it would work.

How can I make it such that the drop down list is alphabetically ordered with minimal manual intervention?

There are new programs added every week and hence, an automated process will help.

Thanks!

Thanks,

Sravya

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @sravya.gupta127326

Thank you for the clarification; you're right, Reports are not currently possible to be a source for Data Shuttle dropdown lists.

You would need to export the Report as an attachment, attach it to your Project Sheet, and have a "Smartsheet Attachment" as the source location for your Data Shuttle workflow.

Please let the Product Team know of your specific scenario and feedback through this form, here!

Thank you,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.

Hi @sravya.gupta127326

Can you explain more about the Report you're using? Is this a Smartsheet Report that sends you an email with the Program List on a regular cadence, then you use this attachment as the source for the Data Shuttle Update? (As in here: Share a Report as an Attachment in Email).

If so, you can set the Smartsheet Report to be Sorted alphabetically! This will automatically organize your Project List in Alphabetical order when it sends you the attachment. (See: Sort Your Report Results with Report Builder)

Let me know if I've misunderstood your process; if so, it would be helpful to see screen captures, but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• sravya.gupta127326
    sravya.gupta127326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

My current process: On the programme intake sheet, there is an automation that whenever there is a new program, we get a notification with a link to a report (which is sorted alphabetically) and the project intake sheet. We manually copy all the programs from the report and update the drop down list in the project intake sheet.

My hopeful future process: Use data shuttle to use the report as the source (which I can't do today) to update the drop down list by doing an offload and upload workflows.

Thanks!

Thanks,

Sravya

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @sravya.gupta127326

Thank you for the clarification; you're right, Reports are not currently possible to be a source for Data Shuttle dropdown lists.

You would need to export the Report as an attachment, attach it to your Project Sheet, and have a "Smartsheet Attachment" as the source location for your Data Shuttle workflow.

Please let the Product Team know of your specific scenario and feedback through this form, here!

Thank you,

Genevieve

• sravya.gupta127326
    sravya.gupta127326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Genevieve - thought I will check here in case it is possible :) Have a great day!

Thanks,

Sravya