Automatically Copy Rows when condition is met

Options

I am trying to create a workflow using the copy row feature when a particular condition is met and its not copying. I am the owner and the admin on both sheets. One of the things I'm trying to do is when I am assigned a task, I want to to automatically copy the row to a different sheet from where I plan to track tasks assigned to me. Can someone help me with why I'm struggling?

Comments

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Prabodh Kasturi 

Hope you are fine, try to use the following workflow:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Prabodh Kasturi

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Bassam's excellent advice/answer.

I'd recommend adding, so it only copies over to your sheet when you are the Assigned To.

Something like this.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Prabodh Kasturi

In addition to building another sheet to track your actions, consider if a report and/or summary fields on your existing sheet might also provide the information you desire.

A report (or even just a filter within the sheet) can provide a view of actions only assigned to you. The summary fields (right menu on the sheet) can be used to summarize sheet data into metrics.

Again, whether a report will work for you really depends upon the use of the final data. If you're interested but need help with these suggestions, the community will be happy to assist.

cheers,