Question about displaying current month data on dashboards

Options
2»

Answers

• Trang Nguyen
    Trang Nguyen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It kinda worked. It pulled in the correct numbers, but for some reason the $ is sitting at the end and it extended the number of decimal points.

=JOIN(COLLECT({2+10 M}, {Completed Month}, =1, {Completed Month}, <>""))

Also, would you happen to know an easy way to link this type of formula across columns? I want this new sheet to have all the column values, just the current month's values so we're talking about 30 columns of data. I have a feeling there isn't an easy way, but figured I'd ask. Thanks!

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/29/22
    Options

Hey

As mentioned, that formula was specific for the other post.

Re-format the desired columns to the appropriate number of decimals needed. What is it that you are joining - or gathering? If you word-wrap that cell - what else is in there? Is a SUMIFS or a COUNTIFS a better fit? This is converting your dollars into a long text string

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Trang Nguyen

How are you doing with this formula? Is there anything I can do to help?

• Trang Nguyen
    Trang Nguyen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still working it out. I'm doing some reading through the Learning Center, watching the videos and doing Google/YouTube searches. I know how to do all this in Excel and it's so much easier, but Smartsheet is so finicky :) Thanks for checking!

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey

If there is only one value in your cell, rather than multiple joined values then try to force the value back to a number so that the number of decimal places will be applicable.

Try this

=VALUE(JOIN(COLLECT({2+10 M}, {Completed Month}, =1, {Completed Month}, <>"")))

• Trang Nguyen
    Trang Nguyen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Originally got #INVALID VALUE and played with your formula. I removed the = and put a space between the "" and it worked!! :) Thanks so much for helping me solve for this!