DocuSign Error Message

Any reason this would be happening? The email is formatted correctly - I have my column set up as a contact column - should this be changed?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jenna Bailey

Based on the error message from DocuSign, it looks like the email address is syncing correctly but the field that is missing is the Username field.

See step 6 in this article: Create and Edit a DocuSign Mapping or Configuration

"Next, you’ll need to select the columns that contain the names and email addresses for each of the recipient roles on the template.

You can use two text/number fields or a Contact column which already contains a name and email address for this step."

Is it possible that you're using a Contact Column, but there is no name associated with this email?

For example, the first contact here has a Name "Genevieve P." and an email. The second contact only has an email, and no Name associated with it:

You'll need to ensure that all your Contacts have a Name as well as an email. Let me know if this was the issue or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jenna Bailey

Based on the error message from DocuSign, it looks like the email address is syncing correctly but the field that is missing is the Username field.

See step 6 in this article: Create and Edit a DocuSign Mapping or Configuration

"Next, you’ll need to select the columns that contain the names and email addresses for each of the recipient roles on the template.

You can use two text/number fields or a Contact column which already contains a name and email address for this step."

Is it possible that you're using a Contact Column, but there is no name associated with this email?

For example, the first contact here has a Name "Genevieve P." and an email. The second contact only has an email, and no Name associated with it:

You'll need to ensure that all your Contacts have a Name as well as an email. Let me know if this was the issue or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now