Looking for an idea of how to document the purpose of the report

I find that I am creating a lot of different reports and I would love to be able to have a "Report Purpose" statement somewhere so that we know what the goal of that particular report is. Any ideas?

I am in the learning stages so we are trying many things out and I want to be able to document the purpose. I thought maybe in Page Summary but then realized that is not a function in reports (logical) and I cannot add a row that states the purpose so I am stumped.

Thank you so much for any ideas.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Juli Peers

I hope you're well and safe!

Could you add it as a note on one row that always is included in the report already?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you, Andree (sorry I do not have an e with an accent ;)! Interesting idea and maybe I just haven't clued in enough. If I put a "Report Purpose" row in my sheet I am thinking it will not always come into my report because I am filtering on different things each time. Is there something I may be missing in your idea?