Automation - Sheet Update based on Criteria

Hello again

Like a typical N00B I'm having wonderful ideas with almost no knowledge of the product (go easy, I'm just rolling into my 5th hour in 2 days of using it)

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience or thoughts on how best to approach this scenario as I've found some challenges with my current workflow

Scenario

Task status changes from GREEN to RED and is copied to an individual task list -> Individual completes task and updates status from RED to GREEN

Challenge

Main Task sheet still shows RED and individual task sheet shows GREEN

Is there a way for a complete workflow from Main Sheet status change to align with individual sheet status change (i.e. when the individual completes the task, the main sheet updates also)

I considered having the complete task drop off to a Complete Task List but that doesn't alleviate the misalignment between Main Sheet and Individual Sheet

Thanks

Dan

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Daniel Barrett

One way that might work could be to use the Change Cell action in a Workflow combined with cross-sheet formulas (VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH, but I'm unsure if it will trigger from another sheet.

Another way would be to use a similar method, but then the change to the status has to be on the individual sheet.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!