Symbol formulas

I want to compare 2 cells and depending on the results, display a different symbols.

I have a column called Average Time. There are 2 cells, one for Q2 and one for Q3. If the average time in Q2 is less than Q3 I want to display an Up arrow, if it is the same a Dash and if it is greater, the Down arrow.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/01/21 Answer ✓

@Justin Mauzy

Please try the following formula

=IFERROR(IF([Call Average Time]7 - [Call Average Time]14 > 0, "Up", IF([Call Average Time]7 - [Call Average Time]14 < 0, "Down", IF([Call Average Time]7 - [Call Average Time]14 = 0, "Unchanged"))), "")

screenhots shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Justin Mauzy

Hope you are fine, Could you please share a screenshot for your sheet after removing any sensitive data

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Justin Mauzy
    Justin Mauzy ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a screenshot:

So, what I want it to do is:

• If the total time in the column Call Average Time on row 7 (Q2) is greater than the total time on line 14 (Q3), I want to automatically have the Green UP arrow show in row 1.
    • If the total time in the column Call Average Time on row 7 (Q2) is less than the total time on line 14 (Q3), I want to automatically have the Red DOWN arrow show in row 1.
    • If the total time in the column Call Average Time on row 7 (Q2) is equal to the total time on line 14 (Q3), I want to automatically have the Yellow dash show in row 1.
    • The Symbols: column is set to the Symbols... type (shown below).

Thank you,

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/01/21 Answer ✓

@Justin Mauzy

Please try the following formula

=IFERROR(IF([Call Average Time]7 - [Call Average Time]14 > 0, "Up", IF([Call Average Time]7 - [Call Average Time]14 < 0, "Down", IF([Call Average Time]7 - [Call Average Time]14 = 0, "Unchanged"))), "")

screenhots shows the result:

PMP Certified

• Justin Mauzy
    Justin Mauzy ✭✭✭✭✭

That worked perfectly. Thank you!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Justin Mauzy

You are welcome and I will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified