Retroactive Workflow Solution

Options

Hi

If I create a workflow to copy rows to a new grid, will it work retroactively if the criteria was met before the automation was created?

For example if my "approved" column has an "If YES move to new sheet" workflow added tomorrow, would anything that has YES in that column from today also move to that grid?

Thanks

Dan

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Daniel Barrett

Hope you are fine, try to create your workflow to copy rows as following and it will copy every rows even before creating your workflow each day at 10:00 am.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Daniel Barrett

Hope you are fine, try to create your workflow to copy rows as following and it will copy every rows even before creating your workflow each day at 10:00 am.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Daniel Barrett
    Options

Hi @Bassam Khalil

Worked perfectly, thank you very much

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Daniel Barrett 

Excellent, I will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

• Daniel Barrett
    Options

Another QQ - is it possible to send those rows based on the name under the "Name"

I'm trying to send each of my team the the rows that are approved for them

So IF Approved = YES and Name = Person@Email.com THEN send to their sheet

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Daniel Barrett 

You mean instead of copying the rows you want to send them to the assigned team member?

PMP Certified

• Daniel Barrett
    Options

So I am trying to copy all the rows with approved = YES to a separate grid based on the name of the person in the name column

Each teammate will have a spreadsheet dedicated to them and the data will come from a master grid which collects the form responses

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Daniel Barrett 

Sorry for the delay, yes you can do that please try the following workflow ( i assumed that you will copy the row to a grid with my name )

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!