Card View Doubts

Alvaro Rivas
edited 07/06/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Good Afternoon,

I hope someone can help me, the problems I have, are the following (all related to "Card View"):

-First, in the card view I can't get the primary column to not be seen (which in this case is a numeric field that does not provide any value)

- Second, it is possible that the entire title of the task can be displayed on the cards and that it is not cut off.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Álvaro

Answers

• Hi @Alvaro Rivas

1. The Primary Column is used as the title for the card; at this time it cannot be hidden from Card View. I would suggest using a different column for your numeric field and use the Primary Column as a field you know will be necessary for your cards. (See: Work With the Primary Column: Overview and Best Practices).

2. There currently isn't a way to "wrap text" in Card View in the same way that you can do in Grid View and display the entire cell content. You will need to double-click the card to view the entire content.

That said, the Primary Column is able to display a few more characters than other fields, as it is used as the title of the card. I would suggest changing the content you have currently set in your Title column to be the content in your Primary Column.

Please let the Product Team know about your suggestions and requests by filling in this form, here!

Thank you,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now