Unable to Edit DNS Records for Custom Email Domain

Hello!

I am a system admin for my company's smartsheet account and I am trying to set up our Custom Email Domain. I have already verified our domain and turned on user auto provisioning. I sent our IT person the instructions on creating the DNS records, they confirmed they did this, but I am unable to verify our Custom Email Domain, and my guess is that the final DMARC record needs to be edited.

I am able to click Edit for Custom Email Domain, but am unable to type into the field where the record name is being held for any of the DNS records.

I have a ticket out to support, but has anyone else come across this and by chance knows how I can get handle this?

I really appreciate it!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Genevieve Evans

Is it possible you're trying the action too soon after your IT department set up the DNS record? See the note at the bottom of the Help Article, Set Up a Custom Email Domain:

After DNS records are created, it may take up to 72 hours for the changes to propagate across the internet. During this time, the DNS verification from the setup wizard would fail and you should check that you have set up the DNS correctly and wait to try again.

If this isn't the issue, working with Support will be the best way to proceed as you'll be able to share screen captures and sensitive information through a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Genevieve P

IT set up the DNS records on July 2nd, and we still are not able to verify nor am I able to edit. I'll see what support says.

Thanks for the response!