Summary Report

What would cause my summary report, when summarized, not show the total for revenue in dollars?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @cpontiff

I see that you're Grouping the Report by Sheet. Is it possible that one of the sheets selected doesn't have currency formatting applied to its "Revenue of Accounts Initiated" column?

This would then have the SUM numbers for that specific sheet displayed as numerical, which means that the top summary would also appear as numerical without the $ sign:

To check this, scroll down in your Report to see if one specific Summary row is also missing the $ sign. Then go to the underlying sheet and adjust the column formatting to ensure currency formatting is applied to the entire column. This should then update that Summary row and therefore the Summary up at the very top!

Let me know if this was the issue or not.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• cpontiff
    cpontiff ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the reply Genevieve P !

Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Both my sheets were formatted for dollars.

However, when I woke up this morning, the totals were showing correctly. So all is good now.

Thanks again!

• No problem, I'm glad it's working for you now!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Siejhi
    Siejhi ✭✭

I am consistently having this problem. I have the report set to current user and in some user views is shows $ but in others it does not