Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

deleted columns continue repropagating

k1pereira
k1pereira
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

There are a couple of columns that continue propagating even though they have been deleted.  They are actually redundant columns already present on the sheets.  Each day, I must delete them from every sheet.  I have looked at sheet settings and to my ability, have found no answer.

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 04/14/17

Hello,

It's possible that rows from one sheet are being moved to these other sheets, either automatically by a service (such as our API or Zapier), or manually by a person.

If the columns you deleted are present in the rows being moved, they'll be added back to the destination sheets. 

When you see the new columns again, I'd recommend scrolling through them and trying to find a cell in one of them that isn't blank. You can right click that cell and select View History to possibly see who or what is doing this.

If you still don't find an answer after trying the above, contact our Support team: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you have access to the new Activity Log, that may also narrow down the culprit.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.