automation not working reliably

Hi,

I've set up automation that is intended to a move row to an archive Smartsheet if a cell value changes to a value.

This worked fine a few times but after the 5th time, stopped working completely.

Also when the automation originally functioned, the row was copied to a row number that was greater than the last row in the original data set. (ie if there was 170 rows in the original Smartsheet, the row would be moved to row number 171 in the archive leaving rows 1 to 170 empty) - Subsequent moves would be to row 172, 173 and so on.

appreciate any advice









Best Answers

  • Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

    Hi @Tim Dowden

    I hope you're well and safe!

    Strange!

    Try to make a copy of the workflow to see if that works.

    When it comes to the empty rows in the archive, try deleting them all. They are probably "activated" even though they look empty.

    Did that work/help?

    I hope that helps!

    Be safe and have a fantastic week!

    Best,

    Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

    Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

    SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

    Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

    W: www.workbold.com | E:[email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

    Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

  • Tim Dowden
    Tim Dowden ✭✭
    Answer ✓

    Thanks for your prompt advice Andrée,

    The automation now functions perfectly. - I had made a careless mistake when I pasted the trigger string 😕

    You were correct it seems that the cells were "activated"  and once deleted, everything is archiving correctly

    thanks again,

    Tim

Answers

  • Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

    Hi @Tim Dowden

    I hope you're well and safe!

    Strange!

    Try to make a copy of the workflow to see if that works.

    When it comes to the empty rows in the archive, try deleting them all. They are probably "activated" even though they look empty.

    Did that work/help?

    I hope that helps!

    Be safe and have a fantastic week!

    Best,

    Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

    Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

    SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

    Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

    W: www.workbold.com | E:[email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

    Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

  • Tim Dowden
    Tim Dowden ✭✭
    Answer ✓

    Thanks for your prompt advice Andrée,

    The automation now functions perfectly. - I had made a careless mistake when I pasted the trigger string 😕

    You were correct it seems that the cells were "activated"  and once deleted, everything is archiving correctly

    thanks again,

    Tim