Multiple IF statements

UrbanNomad
UrbanNomad ✭✭✭✭

Hi Team,

I tried to follow the solution mentioned "regarding combining multiple IF statements", I get an Unparseable error.

My formula: =IF([PM Effectiveness]@row=🀩 Strongly Agree,"5",IF([PM Effectiveness]@row=πŸ™‚ Agreed,"4",IF([PM Effectiveness]@row=😐 Neutral,"3",IF([PM Effectiveness]@row=😞 Disagree,"2",IF([PM Effectiveness]@row=😑 Strongly Disagree,"1")))))

What Am I missing?

Tags:

Best Answer

• AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯
    AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

@UrbanNomad

I only corrected your formula structure. I didn't have time to look at it in detail.

Have a look below. Isn't that what you need? Can you describe how you'd want it to work?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.Β (share too,Β andree@workbold.com)

=IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="🀩 Strongly Agree",5,

IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="πŸ™‚ Agreed",4,

IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😐 Neutral",3,

IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😞 Disagree",2,

IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😑 Strongly Disagree",1)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @UrbanNomadΒ 

Hope you are fine, i don't know from where you select this set of symbol but i assume you are trying to use the following set so i create this formula for you:

=IFERROR(IF([PM Effectiveness]@row = "No Pain", 5, IF([PM Effectiveness]@row = "Mild", 4, IF([PM Effectiveness]@row = "Moderate", 3, IF([PM Effectiveness]@row = "Severe", 2, IF([PM Effectiveness]@row = "Very Severe", 1, IF([PM Effectiveness]@row = "Extreme", 0)))))), "")

The following screenshots show what symbol set i select and the result of the formula:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯
    AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @UrbanNomad

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="🀩 Strongly Agree",5,IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="πŸ™‚ Agreed",4,IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😐 Neutral",3,IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😞 Disagree",2,IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😑 Strongly Disagree",1)))))

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

βœ…Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• UrbanNomad
    UrbanNomad ✭✭✭✭

@AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ This did not help, it gave 5 ratings for all the rows, there are few "Agreed" in my sheet.

• AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯
    AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

@UrbanNomad

I only corrected your formula structure. I didn't have time to look at it in detail.

Have a look below. Isn't that what you need? Can you describe how you'd want it to work?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.Β (share too,Β andree@workbold.com)

IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="πŸ™‚ Agreed",4,

IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😐 Neutral",3,

IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😞 Disagree",2,

IF([PM Effectiveness]@row="😑 Strongly Disagree",1)

• UrbanNomad
    UrbanNomad ✭✭✭✭

@AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ Never mind, I tried once again, it worked, thanks a lot for the prompt response, I'm curious what was missing in my formula?

• AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯
    AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@UrbanNomad

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Here's the difference. (In each part, you didn't have the "surrounding the text but on the numbers) When you put it around numbers, it's read as text. And when it's not around text, it doesn't work.

=IF([PM Effectiveness]@row=🀩 Strongly Agree,"5"

βœ…Remember!Β Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community byΒ marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!