Forms & Contacts - 2 Questions

Cheryl Collins
Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple of questions:

1). When a form is completed, you can get a copy sent to yourself. Is there a way it can be sent to multiple people? Our use case is: A file review form is completed and the completed form is sent to the lawyer so, they can file it in the matter folder however, this isn't being done so ideally we could do with the completed form also being sent to the file review to file the form themselves

2). I know that contacts can hold email, telephone number and job titles but, is there a way to display all of that detail in a contact sheet format? We are using smartsheets to project manage some of our legal matters and would like to show the project teams contact details on the tracking dashboard that our clients have access to

Any ideas on how I can do either of these things would be great, if they are possible.

TIA

Cheryl

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cheryl Collins

Hope you are fine, the following is for your questions:

1- when the form is completed the available option is to send a copy to your self ( the form Editor ), but for your case you can play around in deferent way:

a- you can design a workflow in your intake sheet to send any data you select from the new submitted row ( the form data ) to anyone.

b- you can design a filtered report by current user option to make your lawyer check only the new submitted rows ( i prefer this option because you will avoid drowning your lawyer inbox with notification emails)

2- yes you can do that but please supply a screenshot for the format you need to show and the source data sheet ( after removing any sensitive data ) and i will create it for you.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cheryl Collins

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Bassam's excellent advice/answer.

Regarding question 2.

If you're thinking of the built-in contact information, there isn't a way to get that information automatically, so you would need to create a directory, and then you could use that to create it like in your example with the picture and details.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cheryl Collins

Hope you are fine, the following is for your questions:

1- when the form is completed the available option is to send a copy to your self ( the form Editor ), but for your case you can play around in deferent way:

a- you can design a workflow in your intake sheet to send any data you select from the new submitted row ( the form data ) to anyone.

b- you can design a filtered report by current user option to make your lawyer check only the new submitted rows ( i prefer this option because you will avoid drowning your lawyer inbox with notification emails)

2- yes you can do that but please supply a screenshot for the format you need to show and the source data sheet ( after removing any sensitive data ) and i will create it for you.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bassam Khalil

I'm good thanks. Hope you are too.

Thanks for coming back to me. Great idea around the work flow / report - I will definitely explore those options and see what works best.

The contact details ideally, I want it to look like this on the dashboard:

But not sure, if that's possible. If we could just get the text and exclude the picture, that would be fantastic.

Many thanks for your help, as always

Cheryl

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cheryl Collins

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Bassam's excellent advice/answer.

Regarding question 2.

If you're thinking of the built-in contact information, there isn't a way to get that information automatically, so you would need to create a directory, and then you could use that to create it like in your example with the picture and details.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Fabulous @Andrée Starå Also really helpful. ☺️ Thank you.

Stay safe.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Cheryl Collins

Excellent!

Happy to help!