Re-triggering an email automation

I'm using Smartsheet as what is essentially a survey where we're asking suppliers to verify information about themselves. I set up an email automation (which was successful), but as is usually the case with these things, the majority of the recipients didn't respond, and now I need to follow up by sending a second round of emails to those recipients.

The automation was set up to send an email for a line when I clicked the checkbox for that line. It's been my experience that if I uncheck and then recheck a line, that will not trigger the automation a second time. So my first question is, does my experience fall in line with how the automation is designed to work, i.e., you can't trigger it again by unchecking and rechecking the box?

My second question is, assuming that rechecking will not trigger the automation, is there a way to trigger that automation again on certain lines (but not all lines)? I know I can build a second set of checkboxes and automation, but that seems a bit clumsy.

Thanks!!

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Assuming you have your automation set to run when checked, you must uncheck. SAVE. Recheck. SAVE. The automation should then re-trigger unless further conditions must also be met.

Answers