Pulling Names into Another Sheet

RingJake
RingJake ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I am attempting to pull "In Progress" Partners into another sheet as an entire column, the purpose of this would be to create a datasheet on "In Progress Partners" who are associated to different stages of the Project.

In the picture below I am pulling Partners with the right criteria, but I am hoping to create his as a column formula were the true list of Partners is added rather than just the same one being repeated.

Additionally, I one want the Parent cells to be included in this Index Match, so I would like this to be the result of an IF statement referencing if the box is checked from the master tracker as well.

I think I'm getting closer, but am running into problems here, can somebody please help me with this?

Thank you!

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @RingJake

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend adding an auto-row number to the master sheet and adding a column where you add the numbers manually in the other sheet and connect the information.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• RingJake
    RingJake ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Andrée Starå, I don't think thats quite the answer I'm looking for as I am trying to make this as automated as possible and it seems the Index Match function could work if done the right way?

• RingJake
    RingJake ✭✭✭✭✭

I have gotten this to work slightly using this formula.

=IF({If Parent Row} = 1, INDEX({Partner Name}, MATCH("Not Started", {Status}, 0)), "false")

However, it seems graphs cannot take information being used from an Index Match? Can this please be confirmed?