Building my first Form

I am building my first form and want to know if I can enter several rows of data and submit all at once versus one at a time. ForEx: (Name, Address, Phone for 5 different people) Then submit, this way the auto email won't go out and notify of entry 5 times. Only one email will go out per grouping.

Best Answer

Answers

• Malaina Hudson
    Malaina Hudson ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, @KP . I haven't yet found a way to do what you're asking, but here is how we handle that:

1. Set the form settings to automatically reload the form after you click submit so the form can be completed 5 times in a row immediately.
    2. Export a blank version of the Smartsheet and erase all the data (keep only the headings). In the instructions on the form header, provide people a link to download the blank template, and the offer an upload where they can attach a multi-row submission. You'll get an incomplete row (we require a name and e-mail so we know who to contact if we have questions), with an attachment, then you can just copy/paste the data from the attachment into the sheet.

Neither method is perfect, but both are functional for multi-row entry as long as your sheet users know what to do with what's coming into the sheet.

Cheers!

Malaina

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @KP

I hope you're well and safe!

I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Community... @Malaina Hudson I like the reload after clicking submit but at what point do I send an email notifying of submissions? How do I make that happen? Will that be an extra field with an trigger or alert?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/21 Answer ✓

@Karen Pritchett

Happy to help!

I'd be happy to share an example of my method so you can see how it works. 

Please send me an email at andree@workbold.com, and I'll share it with you.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.