Dashboard access error

Hello everybody, I recently came back to work after summer shutdown and yesterday I noticed that I was not able to access any of my dashboards. I thought it was a temporary problem, but today I still get the error message attached (suggesting me to log off and back in, which didn't solve the issue), and I checked with my colleagues: it seems that this access problem is impacting only our licensed users (myself included). Any clue on how to solve this? I've also forwarded a support request to Smartsheet Help Center but I think that will take some time.

Roberto

Tags:

Best Answer

• Roberto Ferrari
    Answer ✓

It seems that the firewall currently active for me and some colleagues with a specific "privacy level" went in conflict with Smartsheet's dashboard loading, resulting in the inability to access the dedicated web pages. The issue seems now solved, thanks for the support.

Cheers,

Roberto

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unlicensed users are able to access that same exact dashboard?

• Yes, I can confirm you that they are.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's odd. It almost sounds as if there is an issue with your account. Have you also reached out to billing support?

• Not yet, but in the meantime I even tried to reset the password of my account, just in case, but still no changes. And as I said, the colleague next to me (another licensed user) has the same problem.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Roberto Ferrari

A couple of things to check here...

• Does this happen with every Dashboard or just one?
    • Is it possible that the Dashboard could have been deleted?
    • Can you check the URL that the unlicensed users are using, is it the exact same as yours? (I'm wondering if they're looking at a Copy, or if they have a Published link).
    • Does this happen when you open the link in a different browser?
  • Thanks for the support Genevieve, let me answer below:

- The access error is displayed with every dashboard I try to open;

- The dashboards are still visible for my colleagues so I guess they were not deleted;

- I just checked the URL of a reference dashboard, it's the exact same (btw I'm the Project Manager who created all the dashboards for the different projects my colleagues are working on and the last time I manually edit those was at the beginning of July, so I don't think they were modified after that);

- I tried both Chrome and Edge and I get the same error message;

Also: I extended the analysis with some other colleagues, and it seems that also some unlicensed users are not able to access the same dashboards. Could this be an IT related problem, in your opinion?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Roberto Ferrari

Since this is across all dashboards, you own the dashboards, and this only happens for some users, then yes, this could potentially be an IT problem. I was thinking it could be related to a browser extension, but since you couldn't load the page in Edge either then this rules that possibility out.

The other thing to check is your network - are you connected to a VPN? Can you try disconnecting to see if this allows you to view dashboards? Can you try connecting to a different network?

Can you try downloading the Project Tracking Template set, here, and open the Dashboard?

What about this test Published Dashboard link from one of mine: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=cee091e2a9644db4a8570a18d3d545a7

• Hi @Genevieve P.

I'm connected to the company network via ethernet port, and so are my colleagues who can reach the dashboards. I had tried to switch to Wi-Fi connecction, but no changes there and I still wasn't able to access my dashboards nor your previuosly shared links.

But I just had an additional check via switching to an hotspot connection from my phone and in that case the dashboards are again reachable so this must really be an IT issue.

Thanks for the support, I will update the topic as soon as my IT Dept. is able to solve this, for all the other users of the forum.

• Genevieve P.

Thanks for letting me know it works on a hotspot connection! I hope this is resolved for you, soon.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Roberto Ferrari
    Answer ✓

It seems that the firewall currently active for me and some colleagues with a specific "privacy level" went in conflict with Smartsheet's dashboard loading, resulting in the inability to access the dedicated web pages. The issue seems now solved, thanks for the support.

Cheers,

Roberto

• Genevieve P.

Thank you for the follow-up! I'm so glad to hear you can access your Dashboards again.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Genevieve