Data Shuttle - Not Mapped , unable to Map - Please select a Source in order to see dropdown options

Hi,

I am using Data Shuttle to upload a file from OneDrive (attached) and go through all the steps to replace the content in a Sheet in SmartSheet, I get to the point of Mapping but for some reason it does not want to map.

Any Idea?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @PhilipG

I was able to map this file successfully; is it possible that the file is stored in a shared OneDrive, instead of in a private Drive? Currently Data Shuttle supports uploads to Smartsheet from shared Box drives, but does not support shared drives for Google Drive or OneDrive (see: About Data Shuttle).

If this isn't the case, I have sometimes had it happen where the file needs an extra minute or two to load on that very first page, in order to be recognized later (for example when my internet is being a bit slow). I would recommend starting from scratch again, but waiting a few extra minutes after you select the file to move on to your next pages. You may also want to try setting up the workflow in another Browser.

Let me know if any of this has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What happens when you click on where it says "Not Mapped"?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @PhilipG

I was able to map this file successfully; is it possible that the file is stored in a shared OneDrive, instead of in a private Drive? Currently Data Shuttle supports uploads to Smartsheet from shared Box drives, but does not support shared drives for Google Drive or OneDrive (see: About Data Shuttle).

If this isn't the case, I have sometimes had it happen where the file needs an extra minute or two to load on that very first page, in order to be recognized later (for example when my internet is being a bit slow). I would recommend starting from scratch again, but waiting a few extra minutes after you select the file to move on to your next pages. You may also want to try setting up the workflow in another Browser.

Let me know if any of this has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. I didn't realize that shared Google and One drives were not supported. Good info. Thanks!

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Was from a Shared OneDrive, had to create a Flow to move it in to my personal folder to then use Data Shuttle. Am all set.

• Glad you're all set! Thanks for letting us know it worked.

• Dan Naugle
    Dan Naugle ✭✭✭

I have also found that if you have filters on the Excel file it will not pull. Try turning the filter off in Excel. Now if only I could figure out why certain columns do not show to be mapped.... Or why when we select a specific ID field that the choices below become limited...

• Kayla Q
    Kayla Q ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul Newcome I'm having a similar issue

The few times this has mapped successfully, the options I am presented with in the the source field drop downs are "A" "B" and "C" only, despite the fact that I have 12 columns of data and have marked the source sheet as having headings in the "select your source file" step.