Data Uploader Concerns

Hi @Andrée Starå

Hope you are doing well!

I tried upload workflows and have few doubts.

While updating source which row should be selected as first row? I'm unable to set mapping, since drop down list is not updated. And why we require offload workflow as well? Kindly advise.

Regards,

Archana Sahu

Best Answer

• Jaykel Torres
    Jaykel Torres Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Archana Sahu,

The first Row (in Excel) selected should correspond with your Sheet's Column Header Names (in Smartsheet). As best practice, you will want to have your Column Header Names in Smartsheet match up with the Row in Excel that represents Column Header Names; this will be easier for you to map.

While Upload Workflows insert data into a Sheet, an Offload Workflow can be used to export data from a Sheet as an Excel file to Google Drive, One Drive, or as a Sheet Attachment.

I hope this helps!

Jaykel

Answers

• Jaykel Torres
    Jaykel Torres Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Archana Sahu,

The first Row (in Excel) selected should correspond with your Sheet's Column Header Names (in Smartsheet). As best practice, you will want to have your Column Header Names in Smartsheet match up with the Row in Excel that represents Column Header Names; this will be easier for you to map.

While Upload Workflows insert data into a Sheet, an Offload Workflow can be used to export data from a Sheet as an Excel file to Google Drive, One Drive, or as a Sheet Attachment.

I hope this helps!

Jaykel