Does the Project Plan have to be named "Project Plan"

CJU
CJU ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

If I have multiple projects, is separate folders, does each project plan sheet have to have the same name, i.e. "Project Plan" in order for links to remain when a new project, project folder is added?

Answers

• hollyconradsmith
    hollyconradsmith ✭✭✭✭

Hi @CJU ,

I might need some more info here, but links are sheet specific, bot based on the sheet name. You can change the name of existing sheets and the links will not break.

Could you give us some more details to understand your specific scenario?

Holly Conrad Smith

Director of Technology & Innovation 💡 at Streamline

CliftonStrengths Top 5: Deliberative, Restorative, Achiever, Consistency, Harmony

• CJU
    CJU ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have used the PMO template, then create the overall plan. I have the added and modified the original project plan, in project level. The data from the various sheets including project plan, project intake sheet, etc. are rolled into a project dashboard, and also into a portfolio dashboard.

When a new project is assigned, I select the original folder and save as new, e.g. Test. While the link still work, I need to change the name of the project and update the project ID in Project Metadata.

I guess, I just wanted to automate as much as possible, to ensure data is rolled up correctly.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CJU

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you looked into using the Premium App, Control Center?

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.