Responses to forms (emails) MUST come to the Sheet, not to my email address.

When I send out a form from Smartsheet, I would love it if the person I send it to CANNOT respond to the email. It would be great if they HAVE TO respond to the SmartSheet sheet that it was sent from. Not to me personally.

Answers

• Hi @laurie.kaplan76036

I presume you mean Update Request automations, which have a form in the email, is that correct? If so, there currently isn't a way to turn off the ability to reply to these emails. The Reply To address will either be the Sheet Owner or the user that triggered the workflow (depending on how it's set up). See: Overview of Automated Notifications Sent via Smartsheet

However, if the automated email was generated by using an @mention in a Smartsheet conversation, then the text in the email reply will automatically add a new comment to that row. See: Respond to an @mention directly from email

Please provide your feedback on Smartsheet notifications by filling out this form for the Product team, here.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi Genevieve, thanks for responding.

No, I don't mean the Update Requests. I mean when I "share" a form to someone who is not in our group or included in our account. The "email" goes out when I do that, asking them to click the link below to respond. However, if they just reply to the email instead, then their reply comes to MY email address, not to the sheet.

I want the replies to always go to the sheet. Otherwise, the other people shared on the sheet do not see them. I have to copy and paste their reply onto the sheet!

• Hi @laurie.kaplan76036

Thank you for the clarification! Yes you're correct, if you send a form to a user via email and they respond to the email instead of clicking on the link, the reply will go to the person who sent the form. There isn't the functionality to have the body of an email auto-fill fields in a form, the user will need to click the link.

You could potentially adjust the custom messaging in the Send window to make it clear not to respond to the email, and maybe change the form name so users have to click on it to see the questions, if that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• We already do that, but a lot of people click Reply anyhow. It would be better if the person we send the forms to does NOT KNOW our personal email addresses. We should be able to keep them private. Seems to me that is part of the benefit of having them reply to the sheet, not to us.