Report Widget and Dashboards

Hey there..

I have a report I built, it is only 52 rows and I am the Owner.

The issue is when I try to drop the report into the dashboard and I'm asked to select the report from the folder tree, I can't select it, because it does not exist in the select report folder tree at all. Just not there.

I created a widget with an embedded link and stuff, but it would be cool to have the actual report there.

Any ideas in terms of what I'm doing wrong?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

@Shannon5150 Haha, lovely to meet you!

I'm glad you were able to find it after logging out and in again. I know that the Search capability in Smartsheet can take up to 10 minutes to identify newly created items, so it may be similar with the Report widget (if the Report was created right before editing the Dashboard).

Let me know if you run into something like this again and I'll be happy to troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Hi @Shannon5150

Can you confirm that the item you're looking to put in the Dashboard is a Report type of item? It will show with an Orange icon next to it if it's a Report, or a Blue icon if it's actually a Sheet:

If it's an orange Report, could you post a screen capture of your folder (like above), a screen capture of the Report Widget open without the Report showing, and clarify if it's a Row Report or a Sheet Summary Report?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Genevieve P, just like to say, I'm a big fan of your work, long time listener, first time caller.

Strangest thing, Genevieve, I rebooted and it magically appeared in the folder tree to select. Refreshing didn't do the trick, but a fresh start did for some reason!

Thank you for the excellent troubleshooting!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

@Shannon5150 Haha, lovely to meet you!

I'm glad you were able to find it after logging out and in again. I know that the Search capability in Smartsheet can take up to 10 minutes to identify newly created items, so it may be similar with the Report widget (if the Report was created right before editing the Dashboard).

Let me know if you run into something like this again and I'll be happy to troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Genevieve