Dashboard Behavior With Many Widgets

I have been using Smartsheet for years and leverage dashboards for everything from portfolio status to reporting status of requests, tickets, beta testing feedback, etc.

One dashboard is a rollup key data points and project schedules for projects and initiatives company wide at executive level. I never had any issues editing this dashboard. 3 weeks ago we had 10 initiatives. Each initiative area has the follow widgets: Title, Report (Schedule) and up to 4 Metics.

After a planning process for Q4 and Q1 initiatives the number to be reported on jumped to 22 initiatives. So this dashboard has many widgets.

Last week I noticed that if I tried to edit a widget more that 1/2 down the dashboard as soon I clicked in the widget the "focus" (where my cursor is located) jumped out of the widget and to the top of the dashboard. After going back to the same widget most of the time when I tried to type in widget setting the title, etc. I get the same behavior with each keystroke. I found a workaround by do editing etc. on a second dashboard then copying the widget to the primary dashboard.

I am using a Chrome Browser.

Is there a limit to the number widgets you can have on dashboard? Is anyone else experienced this behavior? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I recently found out that this is a known issue with Chrome browser. Smartsheet is currently working on it. In the meantime, we are going to have to switch to a different browser for editing dashboards.

One thing to keep in mind... If you trust your fingers enough to spell everything correctly the first time, you can just keep on typing and it will still store it. Then scroll back down and double check that it turned out as expected.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I recently found out that this is a known issue with Chrome browser. Smartsheet is currently working on it. In the meantime, we are going to have to switch to a different browser for editing dashboards.

One thing to keep in mind... If you trust your fingers enough to spell everything correctly the first time, you can just keep on typing and it will still store it. Then scroll back down and double check that it turned out as expected.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• @Paul Newcome

Thank you, that definitely helps.

Glenn