Changing data on a survey that has already been submitted?

Hello -

I have a question about a mistake I made on my survey. I have one sheet that holds 6 survey forms. I have a unique identifier that is hidden from the respondent but will let me know which survey the response is for when it fills into my sheet.

I just realized I duplicated the unique identifier on two of my surveys so they now are coming up as the same survey in my sheet even though they are for different surveys. I changed the identifier so now any surveys that are taken going forward will be correct but the ones that have already been submitted are still an issue.

Does anyone know of a way I can go back and see what survey these responses are actually for since my unique identifier isn't reliable in this case?

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @smart_user

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow!

How can you identify the different Surveys?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.