My filter keeps expanding all of my parent/child rows upon filter

I want to be able to move through filters without having to collapse all every time. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Hey @dgloballab

So I've given this a test, and believe this to be expected behavior.

When selecting the filter, it will show all results that match the filter criteria, even if they are collapsed.

With this, you may wish to raise an Enhancement Request using the Hamburger Menu (3 horizontal lines) in the top left of this page to let our Product Team know you'd like an option for hierarchy to remain collapsed.

Kind Regards

Sean

• I have submitted an enhancement request but from what I can find on this item it sounds like a frustration that has been communicated since back in 2016 so i am not hopeful they will fix it.

Such a shame. Would be nice when you create the filter itself to be able to select upon opening expand all or collapse all because i am sure its a user by user case scenario.

• I love the core of Smartsheet, but Smartsheet development is an embarrassment. So, so many usability issues like this, and like not having the ability to select more than one conditional formatting rule at a time and generally manage those rules, particularly as they relate to the ability to delete columns. Honestly, I know this isn't necessarily the right place to air grievances, but this is where I am now, since I looked up this issue because it is driving me insane. Bad karma, treating your users with such disdain.