Reporting Indicators

Options

Hey All -

I'm creating a graph in SmartSheets, and wondering if there's a way to create an indicator (line, tick-mark, etc.) that would show as part of the graph where I could mark certain changes. In this graph, I'm showing Employee Capacity vs Forecasted Time, and I want to indicate when an Employee either left/joined the organization over time

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Mike Rini

It sounds like you might be wanting to combine a Scatter chart over top of a Line chart, is that correct? Smartsheet charts are not currently able to be combined in this way, but please submit your feedback to the Product team, here!

At this point you may need to create two separate charts and show them side-by-side instead. If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your current chart (or a similar one with dummy data), and the Source Data for your chart, but please block out sensitive information.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Mike Rini
    Options

@Genevieve P. Yeah, now that I'm thinking about it, it's prob not feasible. Google Analytics has the best depiction of it where you can make manual annotations to show what changed at a certain period. That's really what I'm envisioning and I just don't see that flexibility.