Automating Responses Between Two Smartsheets

Hello,

I have two sheets that I am trying to connect in a specific way. The one sheet, Config Mgmt, has a Labeling Progress column with two dropdown options and six additional columns where users can input text. The other sheet, Labeling Sched, has a Document # column where users can input text and a Status column, which has the same two dropdown options in the Config Mgmt sheet.

My client wants to set up an automation process where if any of the text strings present in any of the six text columns in the Config Mgmt sheet match the text string present in the Labeling Sched sheet, and the user makes an update to the Status column, then the Labeling Progress column will automatically update as well.

I understand that this is most likely a very complicated task, so I attached two screenshots that will hopefully help.

Regards,

Benjamin O'Leary

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

My apologies. I misunderstood where you were wanting the formula.

Put this on the Config Sheet in a helper column:

=JOIN(COLLECT(PI@row:[Other Purchased Items]@row, PI@row:[Other Purchased Items]@row, @cell <> ""))

Then the formula in the Labeling sheet will be:

=INDEX({Config Sheet Status Column}, MATCH([Document #]@row, {Config Sheet Helper Column}, 0))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers