"No data to display" on 0% Chart

Options

Hello,

We have been hosting a data dashboard on smartsheet for quite some time and one of the recent updates now displays an inaccurate title of "No data to display" on a few charts where we are essentially plotting 0 misses (a good thing). This is aggravating because it suggests that we don't have an input, but in reality our input is just that we are in good shape. Can this be fixed or is there another workaround?

Additionally, while I'm here, how can we fix the y-scale to whatever value we need?

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In all of your formulas that you are using to generate the numbers, add 0.0001 and then decrease the shown decimal places back to none shown. This will display zero, but since technically there is something there it will not cause that error on the dashboard.

=COUNTIFS(.......................) + 0.00001

• Cindy S.
    Options

I seem to be having the same issue ("No Data to Display"). I tried applying the proposed solution, which updated the graph as follows:

We decided to stick with the "No data to display" view instead since the bars created in this solution are confusing to viewers. It would be better if bar and line graphs would display text of "0" (with no bars or lines showing) when everything is 0.

Is there a way to achieve this?

• schang
    schang ✭✭
    Options

@Paul Newcome , I guess this is the best workaround...I hope Smartsheet fixes this because it's not useful to have the graph mark. Thank you!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I forgot about that bit on the bars. Ugh. What if you created another entry to be graphed and set it at something like 100. Then chart it and set that series as white (to mostly hide that bar). That will extend the scale out which should hopefully make it seem as if there are no bars on the graph but it is not showing the error.