How to get certified?

Hello - I see in this post from last month (https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/82701/smartsheet-university-is-here#latest) that a new certification program will be launching in 2022, but I'm having trouble finding any information about what that might look like or what to do to pursue certification in the shorter term. I've been exploring the Smartsheet University site but just not finding information specific to certification.

Anyone have any advice or info?

Thanks!

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi! So, there's not a certification program right now. It's currently called Core App Skills, and when you complete it you earn a digital badge.

It is free if you have a certain license level; you'll just have to log in to the Center of Excellence to see for sure. Hope this helps!

• Thank you, Heather! Is the badging the long-term strategy, or if I hold off until 2022 will there be an opportunity for a certification program?

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Eva Murphy I'm not sure. Here's the response I got from certification@smartsheet.com about a month ago:

We retired the product certification. We will be launching a new certification program in 2022. We launched the first of our new badges, the Core App Skills Badge You can earn this badge by completing either the Smartsheet Foundations elearning or Core App instructor-led training, then taking the associated capstone course.

It doesn't sound like the Core App Skills Badge was a temporary gap-filler, but I'm not sure. I'm sure if you emailed them at certification@smartsheet.com they would answer. They've always been extremely helpful.