Sharing a copy of a filled form with the respondent and other users

After a form is filled in, a respondent can select the option of receiving a copy of te form. How can I share the copy of the filled form with someone else?

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @User251

I hope you're well and safe!

You can set up a Workflow with an alert combined with the placeholder feature to send a copy to someone else when the form is submitted.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• User251
    User251 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/11/21

Thanks, Andrée. Your answer was very helpful. I noticed , however, that when creating the workflow, the link to the main sheet is always included. How can I prevent the respondent and anyone else who needs to receive a copy of the form from accessing the link to the main sheet. The only options that are available when sharing fields through a workflow are: 1. links to sheet and all fields, 2. links to sheet and specific fields, and 3. message only.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@User251

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

How did it go? Did you manage to get something set up?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée, can you please give me an example of how to set up the automatic workflow to provide a copy of the completed form with additional users.

thanks

Shell