Allow user to edit content from a form

Each week, we have a status form that our user base enters. When they click submit, an email with a copy of their submission is sent to them.

Is there a way to add a link to that email so they can EDIT the form they submitted?

(Google forms does this...allows a user to edit their answers after they submitted.)

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @fani

No, currently Smartsheet forms don't allow for edits after the submission has been made. However you could send out Update Requests for users to edit rows, see: Update Requests

Another alternative would be to have the Form Submission provide a hyperlink to a sheet they're shared to so they could edit it (or a Report in a WorkApp so they don't need to be shared).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• I used the Request an Update automation method.

My automation runs "When a row is added" with field "Primary Column" value changes to "Anything"

Request an Update (send to contacts in cell: SubmittedBy)

Message body: used to inform the requester the purpose of the message is to allow them to update their original submission.

Configuration requirements:

SubmittedBy column is a "Created By" column type. (You label any value you want. I'm using SubmitedBy here for example)

Form Settings --> Security --> Require Smartsheet login to access this form

Cheers!

James