Our automations aren't sending notifications or updates... Is something wrong on the SmartSheet side

Options

We're testing this morning and can't get SS to send any updates or notifications. Trying to rule out it being a SS issue.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you checked your personal setting to ensure that changes made to the sheet by you can still trigger automations?

• Phillip Jones
    Options

The notifications we were testing were date-driven and the automation was set to trigger them at 8:00 a.m. CST (the default?). At 8:10, we had not received the notification, so I'm tearing through the automations trying to debug, but found no issues. At 8:48 a.m. CST, the notifications finally arrived.

So that tells me that either there is a huge backlog of 8:00 a.m. notifications and it takes some time for SmartSheet's servers to process them all... Or perhaps there was a technical issue which prevented the notifications from being sent on time.

If it's just lag time that's not really an issue for our application. I went in an changed the trigger time to 4:00 a.m. just so the messages will arrive before the morning coffee. ☕️

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Generally speaking the automations should not take more than 15 minutes to be sent from the sheet. Of course there are a number of other factors once the notification is sent that could impact when it is received to include delays on the Smartsheet side as well as any delays that may be caused by your email server if they have to be processed through any kinds of filters or anything like that.